The School of Languages Trainer Training Program (SLTTP) Certificate in Teacher Education
The aim of the SLTTP is to help experienced ELT instructors develop the knowledge, skills, and qualities required for effective teacher training in ELT with a view to contributing towards work on training projects for the ELT community in Turkey, professional development in the SL and instructors' own professional development.
This is achieved by:
- critically examining existing ELT and teacher training practices
- giving participants an opportunity to
- reflect on their own and others' practices as teachers
- develop their knowledge of and skills in effective language teaching and training
- giving participants practice in
- carrying out classroom observations of teaching
- planning and presenting input sessions
- providing supervision to teachers
- assessing classroom teaching
- helping participants develop research skills in the area of teaching and teacher training
The SLTTP is offered as a one-year formal training program where participants are provided with 60 hours of input and hands-on practice in the areas of classroom observation, giving a presentation/workshop, and carrying out teaching and training-related research. Since all SL instructors are experienced ELT instructors, the program is offered to all who are interested in specializing in the area of teacher training.