The FDY English Public Speaking Club
Instructors: Itır Beğen Yılmaz, Bünyamin Mengi, İsmail Arıcı
Learning Assistants: Mehmet Akif Nayman, Duygu Gülen
Congratulations to exceptional public speakers who have successfully completed the FDY English Public Speaking Club in the School of Languages at Sabancı University in Spring 2019! The outstanding public speakers below studied diligently and participated in all meetings of the club. In recognition, they were invited to meet Jacqueline Einer, the Director of School of Languages, and receive certificates and a special prize.
Mehmet Giray Selçuk
Rüştü Erciyes Karakaya
Derya Nur Arslan
Okan Arif Güvenkaya
Alper Hamza Arı
Ali Eren Ak
The goal of FDY English Public Speaking Club is to promote and encourage an understanding of communication, presentation skills, critical thinking and to raise awareness of leadership skills. Students participate actively in the club activities and develop research, public speaking, reasoning and problem-solving skills. FDY English Public Speaking Club is devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks. Moreover, students will process their experience-based learning and advance their socialization skills with the help of group work activities.
Club Goals and Practices:
· To provide opportunities to club members to share ideas worth spreading in a unique style that demonstrates excellence in topic choices and public speaking.
· To train students, and provide opportunities to work on, different style of speeches.
· To make and present speeches within the club and SU community.
· To listen/watch the most inspirational talks.
· To organize Workshops and invite other schools to participate.